FAQ for exchange students

FAQ for exchange students

What will the classes in the summer semester 2021/22 for Erasmus students look like?

The final decision on this matter is made by the Dean of the faculty in consultation with the vice-rector for education. 

To find out what the classes in your faculty will look like, contact the Faculty coordinator.




How can I become an exchange student at West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin?

You have to be selected by your home university.

Do I have to be nominated by my home university?

We do not require previous nomination.

Which level of English is required? Do I need to have an official certificate?

All exchange students must have a minimum B1 level of their English. We do not require any official language certificate, like FCE, CAE, TOEFL or IELTS, but your English level must be confirmed by your home univeristy.

We trust our partner universities to select students with at least B1 level of English so that they can follow the classes for exchange students at our university.

How can I register for the exchange at West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin?

Applicants are required to register electronically through online registration platform for a given mobility type (study/placement).

What are the semester dates?

Please check the current academic calendar.

When will I receive my acceptance letter?

Acceptance letter is issued after learning agreement is accepted by the host faculty, aprox. within 4 week after application deadline.

How will I receive my acceptance letter?

Acceptance letter is send to your email address indicated in the registration system. Hard copy can be sent to your home address only on your request sent via e-mail.

I need to change some information in my online registration account. How should I do it?

Log into your account and edit the information on your profile. It is not possible to edit personal data after deadlines for registration.

Do I have to select only courses in my level of study (Bachelor’s or Master’s)?

You can select any courses from our offer as long as they are approved by your home university. However, you have to assess if you meet the netry requirements for a given course.

Can I choose courses from other faculties?

Yes, but only from one different faculty. You have to choose at least 60% of ECTS from main faculty.

I have questions concerning the courses available. Who should I contact?

All matters which concern the subjects, changes to the Learning Agreement, number of ECTS, etc., should be addressed to the relevant faculty coordinator.The list of faculty coordinators is available at: Faculty coordinators

I am a winter semester exchange student and I would like to extend my stay at West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin for the summer semester. What should I do?

You need to get the pre-approval of your home university and faculty coordinator at WPUT. After that you must prepare the Learning Agreement for the next semester that should be signed and stamped by you, home university and host faculty. Then letter of acceptance for the summer semester is issued by International Mobility Office based on presented signed learning agreement.

Does the West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin offer accommodation in the university dormitories?

Yes. During your registration please state that you wish to be accommodated in a student house.

Please note that each year we have limited number of rooms available, the place in our student house can be guaranteed only for candidates applying within the set deadline. More information on student houses is available on: Accommodation possibilities

How can I apply for a visa?

Information on applying for a visa can be found on the website of the Office for Foreigners.

What documents do I need to legally stay in Poland?

Information on documents authorizing entry and legal demand in Poland can be found on the website of the Office for Foreigners.


How to apply for ERASMUS+ mobility in ZUT?

Step 1. Visit the website: https://irk.zut.edu.pl/en-gb/ 

Step 2. "Create an account" (in the top right corner) to register in the system. Read and accept the "Information clause" and press "Continue" bottom. Use an e-mail address and create a password an activation link will be sent to your email address.

Step 3. Fill in all your personal details in "My account".

Step 4. Clik "Registration" in the right top menu and select a "ERASMUS + (Student mobility)". Choose registration you're interested in: "Student mobility for Placement" or "Student mobility for Studies" and click "Sign up".

Step 5. Click "My account" -> "Enrollment applications" and complete all additional information.


Step 6. Remember to add the required documents within set deadline:

  • photography (meets the requirements of the ID / passport photo)
  • proposed Learning Agreement (have to be signed by the student and a representative person from the Home University of the student)
  • transcript of records
  • copy of your ID card / passport
  • a certificate of language knowledge (could be issued by your home university - English language teacher) min. B1 of CEFR.


In the IRK system you can check the status of your application.

If you want to receive notifications about changes and news about your application, check it in "My account" -> "Notification Setting".


Through the IRK system you can ask questions related to your stake, use the "Help" tab.

There is no recruitment fee. Applying is free of charge.